Sunday, January 08, 2006

Singles Of The Year 2005

I can't really be bothered to do a precise or comprehensive list of singles - or even decide on the very best. So here, in no particular order, are some of the singles I most enjoyed in 2005.

The Pipettes - Dirty Mind
The Long Blondes - Appropriation By Any Other Name
The Priscillas - Gonna Rip Up Your Photograph
Twisted Charm - London Scene?
Twisted Charm - Broken Girl
Hot Chip - Barbarian EP
Jeremy Warmsley - 5 Interesting Lies EP
Clor - Love and Pain
Teenage Fanclub - It's All In My Mind
Rachel Stevens - So Good
Rachel Stevens - I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
Arcade Fire - Cold Wind
Animal Collective- Grass
Animal Collective and Vashti Bunyan - Prospect Hummer
Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
British Sea Power - Please Stand Up
Broken Family Band - Happy Days Are Here Again
Girls Aloud - Biology
Jackson and His Computer Band - Rock On
Kate Bush - King Of The Mountain
Roots Manuva - Colossal Insight
Jamie Lidell - Multiply
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
Daft Punk - Robot Rock
Juan Maclean - Tito's Way
Antony and the Johnsons - Hope There's Someone
Charlotte Church - Call My Name
Common - The Corner
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
McFly - Ultraviolet
White Stripes - My Doorbell
Gorillaz - Dare
Sleater Kinney - Entertain
Pure Reason Revolution - Bright Ambassadors Of Morning
Depeche Mode - Precious
Elbow - Forget Myself
Broken Social Scene - Ibi Dreams Of Pavement
Magnolia Electric Co. - Hard To Love A Man
Sugababes - Push The Button
My Morning Jacket - Off The Record
Broadcast - America's Boy
Four Tet - Smile Around The Face
Caribou - Yeti
Bloc Party - Two More Years
Gorillaz - Dare
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
Gorillaz - Dirty Harry
Low - California
Patrick Wolf - The Libertine
Ciara - Goodies
Missy Elliott - Teary Eyed
Missy Elliott - Lose Control
M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames

No comments: